Chasing Duck

For my project, I made a game where there is a duck trying to chase a piece of pizza. The duck has 1.8 seconds to try and catch the pizza, and if it doesn’t, you lose and have to start over. But if the duck does catch the pizza, your score goes up by one, and the timer resets to 1.8 seconds. There is also a melody playing in the background. My high score was 42. I had lots of fun creating my project, but I also had lots of challenges along the way. One of the biggest challenges I had was trying to figure out had to add an enemy into the game once the score reaches 10 and if you run into it your score goes up by 5, and then it disappears. I tried so many times to try and make it happen, but I could not get it in the end. If we ever create another project, that will be one of my goals to complete first. I learned quite a lot from this project too. I learned how to code a duck to move around, and I learned how to code the pizza to make it move around once the duck runs into it. Going into this, I wasn’t that excited to make a game, but in the end, I loved it so much, and I can’t wait to make another one!

1 thought on “Chasing Duck

1. Not bad! You were honest about not being able to get the feature working, but I’d love to see you dive into what you tried. Those are the kinds of details that I can then provide feedback on and suggestions about how to modify!

Is there a reason that you embedded your code into this post twice? And why not include at least a hyperlink to play the game?